Our Start! Lamm Farm & Gardens

John-on-his-tractor JL-&-Patricia early_hayride Lorraine-&-Patricia Early-GC JL's-planting-crew Hans-Haus Little-Laurie-in-the-flowers Loading-a-tree

John Lamm began landscaping in 1960 in Glendale, WI. After college and the Navy he moved his business to Jackson in 1966 and created a full-time landscape company. Our family continues to celebrate 57 years and growing in landscape design, installation and management services!

The entire farm is 150 acres, with 20 acres of nursery. Areas are still farmed and woodlands preserved for wildlife and green space. Sylvia’s garden, is a memorial garden named for John’s mother, an avid gardener. It has 52 Sugar Maples encircling a white music pavilion. An antique carousel from Belgium (circa 1900) is a unique attraction. It is powered by a pony for special events.

The Great Bridge of 1883 was originally built in Des Plaines, IL as a railroad bridge but then moved to be a roadway bridge in the Town of Lebanon in Dodge County in the 1920’s. In 1996, Lamm’s offered to reconstruct this historic bridge over Cedar Creek, when the State of Wisconsin had plans to destroy and replace it. The bridge was brought to Lamm’s and after much restoration, was dedicated in May 1998. It is used by us daily to cross Cedar Creek and has become an attraction for the community.

There are 2 smaller lakes on the property, Long Meadow Lake, 3 acres, was created 30 years ago and is spring fed. The other, Cedar Creek, originating in Big Cedar Lake, runs through the farm and eventually ends up in Lake Michigan.

The second historic bridge of 1928, dedicated in September 2006, also crosses Cedar Creek. It will help the landscape expansion area grow, as well as provide a connection to “Lammscapeland – a future dream to preserve farmland, woodlands and natural landscapes for all to enjoy. Watch for more exciting plans on this family park in the near future!

Most of the buildings on the property are over 100 years old. They have been renovated and are all used as part of the landscape business. The log building, in the front of the garden center named “Liberty House”, was originally the Slinger Post Office and was moved here in the early 1970’s.

Cedar Creek Central Railroad Club operates several model train layouts at Lamm Gardens. The 3 railroads currently operating are: the garden railroad (G scale), the indoor HO gauge and the tiny N gauge, which is a small version of the entire Lamm Farm and Gardens property.

The Lamm Family welcomes families to enjoy a visit to the country. Many seasonal events are offered throughout the year, including educational seminars, garden concerts, hayrides and Christmas activities. Plans for a larger family-oriented park are underway. Activities will include hayrides, train rides, boats and much more!